Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Stolen Snakes (San Jose) – Trump’s Use of “Sir” – Needle in Grape (Australia)



KRON-TV [San Francisco]
7 October 2019

Thieves steal bag of snakes from reptile breeder in San Jose

SAN JOSE (KRON) — San Jose police are on the look out for thieves who stole from a reptile breeder on Saturday. [Brian Gunday] says he just finished a presentation at the Martin Luther King Jr. Library and was packing up in the parking lot when thieves stole one of his duffel bags. He says they were probably unaware of what was inside the heavy bag until they opened it up and found a bag full of snakes. The breeder says four snakes and a lizard were inside that bag. […]

=====


Vox
8 October 2019

Trump’s tall tale about the military being out of ammunition shows how his lies evolve

[…] “When I took over our military, we did not have ammunition,” Trump said. “I was told by a top general, maybe the top of them all, ‘Sir, I’m sorry sir, we don’t have ammunition.’ I said, I will never let that happen to another president.” […] Of course, a full fact-check isn’t needed to see Trump’s comment as the absurdity that it is. But it is interesting to trace how Trump has embellished this particular tall tale since he first told it on September 16. […]

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics/sir-trump-telltale-word-false/index.html

CNN
17 July 2019

'Sir' alert: This one word is a telltale sign Trump is being dishonest

Analysis by Daniel Dale

[…] I've fact-checked every word Trump has uttered since his inauguration. I can tell you that if this President relays an anecdote in which he has someone referring to him as "sir," then some major component of the anecdote is very likely to be wrong. Lots of people do call Trump "sir," of course. But the word seems to pop into his head more frequently when he is inventing or exaggerating a conversation than when he is faithfully relaying one. A "sir" is a flashing red light that he is speaking from his imagination rather than his memory. […]

[Update 12 Dec. 2019]



Donald Trump Hershey, Pennsylvania Rally Transcript – December 10, 2019

[…] I have so many people that come up to me, “Thank you, sir. My wife is so in love with me because I went up 79% in the 401(k). She thinks I’m a genius. She always thought I was a total stiff, a dumb, stupid dope. Now she thinks I’m a financial genius, sir. And all I did was buy some stock. I have stock in a 401(k), and you made me into a genius, sir. She loves me so much more than she ever did.” Shows you the power of money, right? Isn’t that terrible? […]

=====

7News [Australia]
9 October 2019

Coles store pulls grapes from shelves after girl's needle scare

A Coles supermarket in Victoria has pulled grapes from its shelves after a needle scare involving a schoolgirl. Nine-year-old Talia Gunn got a fright and a health scare on Tuesday night when she bit into the needle, which was in a bunch of grapes. It's the second case in just three days, with both being investigated by police. […]
 


No comments:

Post a Comment