Thursday, October 13, 2011

Diner Chokes on Dog ID Chip

Daily Telegraph [UK]
13 October 2011

Bizarre urban myth ruining business at Chinese restaurant

By Richard Alleyne

Diners are shunning their Chinese eatery after an urban myth spread around the area that a woman choked on a dog's identification chip as she ate her meal.

The rumour, which began on the internet, is becoming so widespread that the 30-year-old restaurant could go out of business. [...]

The rumour revolves around a woman diner at the China Rose near Doncaster, South Yorkshire, who is said to have choked on an identification microchip from a former racing greyhound. [...]