Saturday, October 5, 2019

“Silver Bullet” Made from Hash Wrapper Offered to Cop (1970s)


Chris Miller, “Pharmacopoeia,” National Lampoon, vol. 1, no. 36, March 1973, p. 54.

Robbie Numberwriter was tooling happily along the Long Island Expressway, stoned on hash, when he was pulled over by a cop. Large and mean, the trooper climbed from his car and strode deliberately to his window.

With a sudden terrible sinking feeling, Robbie remembered that he wasn't carrying his wallet. By reflex, his hands continued to move vainly from pocket to pocket. His fingers touched his hash. Inspired, he tore off the aluminum-foil wrapper and compressed it into a small metal lozenge.

"Sorry not to be carrying my license, officer," he said, dropping the foil into the policeman's waiting hand, "but this silver bullet ought to identify me." -- Drug tale, 1969.






“Letters!” Semper Fi (Marine Corps Air Station, Iwakuni, Japan), vol. 4, no. 19, 15 Oct. 1973, p. 13.

I was tooling happily along the San Diego Freeway, stoned on hash, when I was pulled over by a cop. Large and mean, the officer climbed from his car and walked up to my window. With a sudden terrible sinking feeling, I remembered that I wasn’t carrying my wallet. By reflex, my hands continued to move from pocket to pocket. My fingers touched my hash. Inspired, I tore off the aluminum foil wrapper and wadded it up.

“Sorry not to be carrying my license, officer”, I said, dropping the foil into the pig’s waiting hand, “but this silver bullet ought to identify me.”

R. Numberwriter
Garden Grove City Jail




No comments:

Post a Comment